Writers’ group established 2018
Hosted by Anne Rainbow and Christine Cooke
Enjoy a monthly ARTIST’S DATE as recommended by Julia Cameron in The Artist’s Way
- Discover fresh techniques in creative writing, self-editing and marketing/publishing
- Share your writing journey in a supportive, safe environment
- Meet and network with other new and experienced writers
- At literary lunches, talk to published authors/experts about their craft and experience
Where do the WEDNESDAY WRITERS meet?
At The Cottage Hotel, Hope Cove, Devon TQ7 3HJ
When do the WEDNESDAY WRITERS meet?
- In 2019: 4 September, 2 October, 6 November
- In 2020: 4 March, 1 April, 6 May, 3 June, 1 July, 23 September, 21 October, 18 November
10:00 – 16:30 with a break for lunch at 12:45-14:00
*Lunch, with us and our guest speakers in The Cottage Hotel restaurant, is optional and at your own cost. Or bring a picnic to enjoy on the beach or on a bench overlooking the sea!
What’s in the PROGRAMME for the WEDNESDAY WRITERS?
There will be a varied diet … with wordcraft workshops on a range of topics
- Hooks, lines and sinkers – how to grab your reader, maintain interest and end well
- Setting the scene with people, places and props
- Creating three-dimensional characters
- Dialogue – making it real
- Editing your first draft; polishing your final draft
- Marketing yourself and your writing: pitching, covering letters, synopsis writing
And, in addition to your two hosts, we have a sprinkling of guest speakers:
- 4 September 2019: JILL TRESEDER: Writing From Life in Fiction and Poetry
- 4 March 2020: ANNA VENTURA: Tell a Book by its Cover
- 1 April 2020: JANET M SMITH: Writing Children’s Fiction
- 6 May 2020: PAUL DODGSON: Writing from Life
- 1 July 2020: KERRY HADLEY-PRYCE: Psychogeography
- 23 September 2020: DAVID CLARKE: Marketing on Air