A new writers’ group for 2018
Hosted by Anne Rainbow and Christine Cooke
Enjoy a monthly ARTIST’S DATE as recommended by Julia Cameron in The Artist’s Way
- Discover fresh techniques in creative writing, self-editing and marketing/publishing
- Share your writing journey in a supportive, safe environment
- Meet and network with other new and experienced writers
- At literary lunches, talk to published authors/experts about their craft and experience
Where do the WEDNESDAY WRITERS meet?
At The Cottage Hotel, Hope Cove, Devon TQ7 3HJ
When do the WEDNESDAY WRITERS meet?
8 Wednesdays in 2018: 21 March, 18 April, 16 May, 20 June, 18 July, 19 September, 17 October, 21 November.
10:00 – 16:30 with a break for lunch at 12:45-14:00
*Lunch, with us and our guest speakers in The Cottage Hotel restaurant, is optional and at your own cost. Or bring a picnic to enjoy on the beach or on a bench overlooking the sea!
What’s in the 2018 PROGRAMME for the WEDNESDAY WRITERS?
An outline programme for each of the eight artist dates will be available at the session on 21 March.
There will be a varied diet … with wordcraft workshops on a range of topics
- Hooks, lines and sinkers – how to grab your reader, maintain interest and end well
- Setting the scene with people, places and props
- Creating three-dimensional characters
- Dialogue – making it real
- Editing your first draft; polishing your final draft
- Marketing yourself and your writing
And, in addition to your two hosts, we have a sprinkling of guest speakers:
- 21 March: BELINDA SEAWARD: Being in the Right Place at the Right Time
- 16 May: JANE RAYNER: Developing an Online Presence
- 20 June: JANE HOLLAND: How to Write a Commercial Bestseller
- 19 September: SARAH MADISSON: Bringing Your Words to Life with Lyricism
- 17 October: FELICITY GOODALL: Fact or Fiction?