Alinka is with us today to celebrate the launch of her newest book: Supreme Leadership.
And because it’s free to download for two days starting today. Get your copy, quick!
And because Scrivener 3 was released while Alinka was writing this latest book, so she had to make the decision: continue with Scrivener 2 (which she loved and knew how to use) or transition to Scrivener 3 and risk her schedule.
So, Alinka – you stuck with Scrivener to write your latest book: Supreme Leadership?
I was always a fan of Scrivener 2 but Scrivener 3 is the ultimate book writing tool. I wonder why anyone would use Word to write their books now that there’s Scrivener 3.
What happens when you write in Word? You have two options:
- Option 1: you publish a book that looks so-so and it’s a huge pain to create a table of content and to make it look professional.
- Option 2: you mail your Word manuscript to a conversion company that creates a beautiful template for you. But here’s the catch: they charge a fee every time you want to change a comma.
If you’re a Scrivener user, you don’t have to deal with any of that.
But you started writing Supreme Leadership using Scrivener 2?
Yes, I started writing Supreme Leadership while I was on a cruise ship with very little internet connection. I wrote the entire thing in Scrivener 2.
I love the way you can compile to all the different formats but I just couldn’t get the table of contents right. Scoured the Internet for solutions, I read ScrivenerVirgin’s blog multiple times, I even asked the authors I coach if they could help me out but – it seemed – it just couldn’t be done.
However, I knew I was going to be on land shortly and I’d update my software – maybe that would solve the problem, I thought.
And then you discovered Scrivener 3?
Yes. You can imagine my surprise when I learnt that there was a whole new Scrivener available.
I got it right away and started experimenting with the compilation process. After the initial shock, a few things struck me as great new innovations.
One thing that I loved from the start was that you can visually assign section layouts and you don’t have to tick those boxes of levels any more trying to figure out what they mean. It’s so rewarding when you compile the book and it all happens automatically.
Another was that I finally managed to get my TOC to work. With Scrivener 3, I followed Scrivener Virgin’s instructions and it finally worked!
Now I have a great looking interior layout.
The Table of Contents (TOC) for Supreme Leadership
Scrivener provides for two styles of TOC. For the paperback (or PDF version), page numbers are required.
Using tags, Scrivener inserts the correct number for you when you compile.
For the eBook version, each entry is a hyperlink – again done automatically by Scrivener … check out ScrivenerVirgin’s blog on this topic.
More about Alinka’s latest book: Supreme Leadership
Alinka interviewed 34 CEOs who will be celebrating their 25th anniversary in 2018. This is what giants in the business world are saying about Alinka’s book.
More about Alinka
- She’s a coach who transforms struggling writers into profitable authorpreneurs.
- She’s the founder and CEO of LibraryBub, which connects librarians with award-winning and bestselling books from independent publishers.
- The founder and host of the 5-Figure Author Challenge, which gives authors winning strategies to get to 5 figures in 5 months.
- She’s been featured on Fox Business Network, affiliates of ABC, NBC and CBS, Author Marketing Club, The Author Hangout, Kindlepreneur, Book Marketing Mentors, Examiner, She Knows, She Writes, The Writer’s Life, Literary Titan and many more.
- She’s been voted top 5 speaker and named most creative book marketer at the Bestseller Summit Online.
You can join Alinka’s launch team at http://www.supreme-leadership.com/ and discover how she markets the books she writes by grabbing a free copy of her award-winning guide “How I Sold 80,000 Books” at www.authorwisdom.com
If you write using Scrivener and would like to have a guest blog, contact me!
The ScrivenerVirgin blog is a journey of discovery:
a step-by-step exploration of how Scrivener can change how a writer writes.
To subscribe to this blog, click here.
Also … check out the Scrivener Tips
on my ScrivenerVirgin Facebook page.