Posted on 9 May 2018
Click on the Play icon to listen to a message from Anne.
Aim for variety in words, sentences, paragraphs, scenes and chapters
- With scenes and chapters, you might decide to introduce variety by having a change of point of view (POV), or tense, or person.
- With paragraphs, interspersing dialogue and exposition will normally result in a good ‘imbalance’: enough dialogue to break up the exposition.
- At sentence level, pay attention to the lengths of sentences and how they start and how they end.
- At word level, if you fail to introduce variety in your choice of words you might find yourself repeating yourself …
- If you are using Scrivener, use
- If you are using ProWritingAid, run the